Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Name changes??

When I married, I discovered that my sister-in-law & I had EXACTLY the same name. Same middle name, same spelling, everything. When Jeff was alive he didn't want me to change my name. But he's gone & I'm thinking about it.

I don't want to get rid of Stone, I'm proud to wear his name, proud to be his wife. But I was thinking of adding another middle name & start going by that. This way I could honor my godparents & my parents intentions but hopefully unentangle my files from my sister in law.

Basically, I'm thinking of adding Lyssa to the Lynn in my middle name. What do you think? Have you ever wanted to change your name? Women go thru life accepting name change as a fact of life, is this any different?

Lyssa

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 25, 2008 at 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hopi give several names to their children at different stages in their live. We have our toddler/infant name, and we have our child name, and we have our adult name which we grow into. We are different people. We change... our labels change. It is hard to find a name for a woman that isn't an attaching word. I say find what pleases you or that which you want to grow into and go for it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home