Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Living outside time

Since I was laid off (disability complications in 2003) I have lived not attached to a clock. It is an odd feeling to look up at the calendar & not be able to remember what day it is; nor know what time it is. Time slips thru our fingers so easily; after so many years locked to the clock this is a gentle blessing of my new life.

I know the pain killers help me lose "track of time", but it is more than that. I can go thru a day with no awareness of whether I woke in morning or afternoon. I literally live in a place outside of time. My only measures are: my med count for my pain pills, Adrienne nagging me to eat, the cats' food/water dishes & ah yes the big one, the condition of the litter box. Insert pained grin here, yes indeedie the girls have their ways of letting me know about the passage of time. {The litter box lives in my room for them, as do their dishes, so there is no escaping to the next room to avoid the odor... nasty}

So while I'm no longer invested in the rat race, I am definitely vested in the cat pace. Long lingering naps & lie abouts with special attention to diet, exercise & grooming. Ah, yes, now I know why the looked so relaxed all these years..

The cats they truly are smarter than people - they already live outside time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home